Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Back to work...and other random items...

Yep - my body went back to work but I think I left my brain at the beach. It was hard I tell ya - hard to go back. I'm really missing my boss who is out on sabbatical for a month but I'm so happy she's relaxed and resting. And I get to spend some "friend time" with her later this week! Yea!!!

Anyway...after musing over being married for 18 years I'm starting to freak that my oldest will be 13 in less than 2 weeks. YIKES! People - the older you get the faster time goes...ENJOY EVERY MOMENT! (Monday - our anniversary - was GREAT by the way...spending all day just doing whatever we wanted to - just the two of us - with no time limits or anything was absolutely GREAT!)

I still remember standing at the end of Dylan's crib the night before he was born (my water broke and I left for the hospital 4 hours prior to my scheduled induction time - oh and I was 10 days late...on September 1st...yes - HOLY COW!) any way standing at the end of his crib I said to Ron, "Nothing will ever be the same!" Was I ever right. I love that Dylan is our son. He's a great kiddo...we are so blessed by him and his little brother Riley. I have loved every moment, easy and hard, of being his mom. What a true joy! God is so good!

Anyway - with fall and winter approaching I'm willing myself to stay on track and keep losing weight. It's hard when we've been to the beach already and I know blue jeans and sweaters are looming ahead in my wardrobe. It can get easy/tempting to hide a few pounds brought on by little indulgences you might try to sneak in because it's "the holidays". Our vacation was encouraging though: Ron and I shared lots of meals/plates - because we've gotten use to not easing as much. We both only gained 2 pounds in 8 days. We both worked out 4 times in those 8 days. And we've both already lost those 2 pounds.

I'm also gearing up for back to school and getting us all on a schedule again. The kids go back on Monday the 25th. Dylan will be in 7th grade and Riley will be in 4th grade. (bring on more tears because my baby is about to be 10 and in 4th grade - jeez...)

Okay - just because I took so many pictures on vacation here's some more of Dylan and Riley for your viewing pleasure...ENJOY (especially you grandmas/grandpas that I know keep up with the blog to see your grandkids)!










1 comment:

Sheila Schroyer said...

Did you get your Christmas card photo for this year?

I remember last year thinking of Christopher turning 13. I know how you feel. Time definitely goes by way to fast. I want to bottle him and just hold on to him, but then he wouldn't grow up to be what God has created him to be........