Saturday, July 19, 2008

Nashville wrap up

Well...gotta love traveling, wireless connections and Blogger. I couldn't get the pictures uploaded and the conference sessions we had to go to were earlier every day. So...I didn't get things blogged and wrappped up as soon as I wanted.

We had more gym time and more conference sessions but squezzed in a few more Nashville sights too.

Included in the conference price were tickets to the Grand Ole Opry so we went to that on Tuesday night. The performers were Lorrie Morgan, Jewel, Jason Michael Carroll, Cherryholmes, Darius Rucker and Charlie Daniels. It was a good show.

Wednesday after we finished our conference but before we came home we went downtown to the original Grand Ole Opry - The Ryman Auditorium. It was very pretty.

Niether Sheila nor I realized there was so much history in and around Nashville. I'm sure we didn't even touch the tip of the iceberg of all the things we could have seen.

The adventure definitely wrapped up on the ride home. Jeremy from The Bachelorette was on our flight! Circumstances prevented me from getting to talk to him much less get a picture. I was soooo bummed...but ask Sheila - It was him! So cool! (He was much cuter in person, ladies!!!)

Here's a few final pictures. Enjoy!


Silly picture of Sheila and I at the Ryman Auditorium
One of the entrances to the convention center at Gaylord Opryland

Sheila being silly at The Parthenon

Charlie Daniels playing Devil Went Down to Georgia

Jewel
Sheila in the gardens at The Hermitage - looking skinnier

Part of the gardens at The Hermitage

Another entrance to the convention center

"Divine" - street entertainment at The Gaylord
The Ryman Auditorium

The Grand Ole Opry House
The Parthenon
The Hermitage - Andrew Jackson's home
Windows at The Ryman - beautiful.
Sunset view from the plane on the way home.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Daughter ..........
Beware Ronnie -Quiet time is over. Ruling force of the Nomads has returned. Fathers can joke like that ,but if she was still under my roof she would have been sorely missed and welcomed back HOME, as I`m sure you and the boys did!!

Lisa Allen said...

Ok 1st thanks for the encouragement on my blog page...secondly..holy crap I am from Nashville! These places are all my stomping grounds. My mom worked a few doors down from the Ryman auditorium, I sang at the little club next to it one night. No I can't sing but a little too much alcohol and I am a freakin' songbird...My prom was at the Opryland Hotel (now called Gaylord) our school feild trip were to Andrew Jacksons house and parthenon was where all of the festivals and mucis concerts were...so crazy to see all that stuff again. It has been 17 years since I have been back there. Glad to see you had a good time. Man this is a long comment...sry L..

Andrea "The H family" said...

SO jealous!! How fun!! What a great blog post. Loved your pics!! I was mesmorized!
Hugs!
A

Lauren Williams said...

Jewel and Jeremy in one trip! Lucky Duck!