Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Going to Grandma & Grandpa's house

Sunday, April 13th, the boys and I went to my parent's house since Ron was playing with the church band at all the services in HV this weekend. (He plays the saxophone. Dylan plays the trumpet. Riley hasn't tried anything yet. I have absolutely no musical ability at all!)

I spent a few hours shopping with my mom and the boys got to spend some time in the garage with my dad, their PaPa.

My dad has worked with wood ever since I can remember. He makes lamps, lazy susans, crosses, and so much more. (see small pictures below) He's helped us build several work benches at several houses. Helped Ron and his dad build the awning over the patio in our backyard right now. He's refurbished several beautiful pieces of furniture. He's amazing!



Anyway, he took the time to help the boys with some projects. Dylan made a bowl. I think he's going to keep it in his room for loose change and little items that need to be contained. Riley made a gift for his teacher that is retiring. It was a small sign with her name on it. He had previously made me a pen/pencil holder that I keep on my desk.


They had a good time and that is one very special memory I know they'll cherish as they grow. Getting to spend quality time with PaPa is cool! We are so blessed that they only live 30 minutes away.


- little known fact - My dad worked at a company called Chippenhook. They built the building that is now our church offices and that I am currently working in. He use to have an office just down the hall from where I office right now. I remember visiting him at work when I was about 10 or so.


Above, Riley is spray painting while my dad watches. Below, Dylan is showing off his bowl.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The boys did very well for the first exposure. The attention was excellant ,but if you ask them they`ll probably tell you "Grouchy Old Man" BUT One thing for sure They DO know Not aplace or time for Hoseplay ,Games or not paying attention,other wise GOOD BY Right now Rather be a Grouchy Ole Man than have one hurt in ANY way .
GOOD JOB guys!!!!

Lauren Williams said...

you are quite the blogger! so fun :) my dad used to have a work bench that his dad helped him with. i have so many memories "helping" my dad :)

Andrea "The H family" said...

WOW!! Amazing woodworking girl!
I'm impressed!
Your doing great with your blog honey.
HUGS!