Monday, March 31, 2008

Where did that come from?

Hey - this is Texas and crazy storms literally pop up out of nowhere in the heat of the afternoon sometimes - especially in the spring.

I was bowling at one of our annual staff fun days at work. I sat down and heard my phone ringing. It was Ron saying that there was a tornado warning. A funnel cloud had been spotted in the general area where I was. CRAZY! The sirens were going off at our home - about 5 or so miles away from where I was. Ron and Riley were in the bathroom with the animals. Dylan was still at school - come to find out later they were hunkered down under their desks. And there I was - trying my darndest not to clean the gutters evey time it was my turn to chuck that 10 pound ball down the lane. Can I just say my wonderful husband and his family of super bowlers would have been so embarassed - a Nadwodny bowling like I did is unheard of.
Of course I also missed calls from one of my sisters and my father. We have this crazy need to call each other when the weather is so bad - just to make sure we aware and prepared...wonder where Dylan gets his fascination for weather from???

Oh well...here are some pictures that Ron took of some hail stones that were on our front porch. Geez! I keep forgetting to go make sure both of our cars survived without any damage.

No comments: