Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hurricane Watch - Ike is coming...


(i think i'll be able to replace the above picture periodically with the most recent picture - check the time and date stamp on it to know when i posted them)




Yep - it's headed towards the coast of Texas and is expected to make a sharp right turn once it hits land then head up towards DFW. Wind...rain...oh boy!

Our weather concious family, of course, is fully aware and preparing.

I filled my tank this a.m. and of course we are making sure we have lots of batteries, flash lights and candles. I know it isn't like being right on the coast but...it never hurts to be ready for possible tornados, high winds, flooding and just general severe weather...especially if we end up on the east side of the storm where the bigger severe weather threats come from.

Laugh at me and Lisa all you want Andrea and others...I'm just saying...it never hurts to be prepared.

No comments: