Friday, June 27, 2008

While Dylan's away Riley will play

Yes, Dylan made it to South Padre safely.

Thank God they were allowed to have their cell phones the whole bus ride. I talked to him a couple of times and he was soooo excited. I think he was too excited to sleep. He said he was awake a majority of the time. They had to surrender all of their electronics to our youth pastor once they got there though. So....I don't know if he crashed last night or was still wired. No news is good news - I'm sure.

Anyway...Ron had the day off and I worked so much earlier in the week I barely had to work at all today. Ron, Riley and I went to Gameworks at Grapevine Mills Mall. We had lunch and played video games for hours. Riley Heaven! He has great hand/eye coordination (oops...allowed to play too many video games maybe???) and won several "jackpots" including a 1000 ticket one - resulting in 3 stuffed animal prizes. Wow!

Here's a few snapshots from the day taken with my phone...sorry not the best quality.


Riley was also able to have one of his best buddies spend the night the first night Dylan was gone. Another one of his pals will be here the last night Dylan is gone. We have swimming on the agenda for tomorrow and the library lined up for Sunday as well as PaPa and GiGi Sporman coming over. Can you say...trying not to have too much time available to miss his brother? :)

No comments: