Thursday, June 12, 2008

A week in...

So...we are a week into our summer.


I LOVE Ron working from home! I think he's already use to it and loving it too. But...I miss being here during the day. He's an amazing dad - I know everything is taken care of but the mom in me misses doing all the little things for everyone. I'm trying very hard to handle as many little things as I can in the evening so they know they still need me... :) .

Riley has been in a basketball camp this week from 9 to noon. Dylan started private lessons for his trumpet. Actually he has been taking them the entire school year we just decided to have him keep doing them through the summer so he doesn't get rusty.

Dylan will be going to South Padre with our church youth group in a few weeks. YIKES. That's a long way away from the family. This isn't the first time he's been away but it definitely the farthest. Pray for us! Seriously. I'm gonna miss that boy.

As you can tell from the vacation countdown widget - we are less than 2 months from our Destin vacation. This is our 12th year to go and I still enjoy the scenery and relaxtion. I can and cannot wait. When we come back we will only have about a week of "summer" left before the boys head back to school so that is always the worst part of it (that I don't look forward to).

Right after we get back Ron and I will celebrate our 18th wedding anniversary. On the 18th of August. That is UNBELIEVEABLE! It seems like just yesterday...I am not kidding.


Well...I was just gonna sign off without any pictures but...I love looking at pics and love posting pics so I had an idea to post a few pics from last year's Destin vacation so I can day dream about being there...maybe you can too...Enjoy!

I hear these beach chairs callin' my name!
Mmmmm.beautiful sunsets...(and sunrises)
Warm clear water...
Our favorite restaurant
A beach view of our favorite restaurant. (It's right across from our condo...we can walk to it...yeah!)
Where we stayed last year and going to stay again this year.

No comments: