Friday, September 10, 2010

Came and went

Well...August 2010 came and went...

Dylan started high school band camp (plays the trumpet).  Every day for 3 weeks!  Outside in the morning and evening.  Yes, people...in Texas...in 100 degree weather.  So proud of him for doing this!  It was quite a thrill to see him perform the school song and fight song at the first game with the entire band.  Makes a momma proud.

Dylan also turned 15 last week.  So now the driving instructions begin.  I truly an amazed, daily, that I am about to have a grown up as a child.  It's crazy!  It really seems like just yesterday I was holding my sweet first born son in my arms.

Riley started middle school and will turn 11 in just a few weeks.  That's a shock to my system too.  He really was my baby just a few short years ago.  But he's making a momma proud too.  He is also in band.  Playing the saxophone just like his dad!  :-)

They are both smart, good kids.  They truly are the best of both of us parents and make us so happy!

Ron and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary on August 18th.  While it was VERY hard to leave the boys behind (in capable hands - thanks MiMi) Ron and I spent a week in Key West, Florida.  Other than the humidity it was beautiful.  We had the beach to ourselves most mornings and enjoyed beautiful sunrises and sunsets in our oceanfront room.  We had a blast touring Duvall Street and Mallory Square.  The lighthouse was pretty cool.  Hemmingway house was very interesting as was The Little White House.  I really didn't realize there was so much to do there.  I was looking forward to a quiet week on the beach but was excited to actually have so much shopping and dining so close at hand.  We'll try a very laid back beach vacation for our 25th - promise!

Anyway - as the school year kicks off and the year winds down my work life is crazy busy - but it's all good!  We are very blessed to both have jobs and we love our quiet little life.

I'll leave ya'll with pics from our trip as well as our boys on the first day of school!  Enjoy!
A beautiful sunrise in Key West
Key Lime Pie!
Sunset at Mallory Square over Palm Island
1st night...ready to relax!
THE gathering place at sunset
Yummy Seafood!
Lunch view in Key Largo.
Front of The Little White House
Back of The Little White House
On our 20th anniversary in Key West (not loving that my hair was up but the humidity...AYE!!!)
At the beginning of a road!  (the end was on the other side of the street...yeah...we took a picture there too!  :-)
Our resort.  Southernmost on The Beach Key West.
Hemmingway House
We climbed to the top of the Key West Lighthouse.
I AM an island girl!
My relaxed hubby!
A beautiful spot!
Our beautiful ocean front room.
Us at the southernmost point in the continental U.S.!

Only 4 bags packed!  Ready to go!  (surprised myself!!!  we did ship a box home though!)

No comments: